2008-09-11 / Front Page

BLOWING SMOKE


Denton Township Firefighter Joe Rubino directs the blast from a gasoline powered fan through the doorway of the American Legion Post at Houghton Lake Wednesday morning after employees opening the building around 9:15 a.m. found it was full of smoke. Assistant Fire Chief Earl Jones said the smoke appeared to have been caused by burning dust in the forced air heating system, which had been turned on for the first time in the past few months. He said the problem, which resulted in no damage to the building, could have been avoided if the furnaces had been cleaned before they were turned on. (Photo by Thomas Reznich) Denton Township Firefighter Joe Rubino directs the blast from a gasoline powered fan through the doorway of the American Legion Post at Houghton Lake Wednesday morning after employees opening the building around 9:15 a.m. found it was full of smoke. Assistant Fire Chief Earl Jones said the smoke appeared to have been caused by burning dust in the forced air heating system, which had been turned on for the first time in the past few months. He said the problem, which resulted in no damage to the building, could have been avoided if the furnaces had been cleaned before they were turned on. (Photo by Thomas Reznich)

Return to top

Click here for digital edition
2008-09-11 digital edition

Poll

Do you agree with President Trump’s statement that the “American public is sick of it” in regard to the investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election?