Hazardous waste collection scheduled for Saturday
After a summer of cleaning out your garage, doing repairs and fixing up around the house, it will be time to put all of your hazardous waste together and bring it to Roscommon County’s semiannual household hazardous waste collection.
It will be held on Saturday in the parking lot of the Roscommon County Health and Human Services Building from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. This site is at 1015 Short Dr. (M-18 at the M-157 intersection) just north of Prudenville.
Waste that will be accepted by Drug & Laboratory, Inc., will be factory-labeled with “caution, corrosive, danger, flammable, poison, reactive, toxic or warning.” These items may include aerosols, auto liquids, cleaners, corrosives, fertilizers, glue, herbicides, medicines, oil-based paints, pesticides and solvents. Drug & Laboratory be taking smoke detectors/ fire alarms for the first time.
Other items accepted by local vendors will be:
• Clean Styrofoam containers, plates, cups & packaging (no peanuts) broken down in clear plastic bags, if possible • Ammunition • Batteries of all types • Cell phones
• Computers and TV’s
• Grocery coupons (to send to troops overseas)
• Ink jet printer cartridges
• Used motor oil
• Tires on or off rims (three or more will be charged $2 each)
• LATEX paint (in good usable condition and container must be half full)
Items are to be separated by category and ready to drop off before getting to the Drug & Lab truck at the end of the line.
The collection will not accept explosives, bombs, fireworks, propane tanks or building materials of any kind. (Call 275-3163 for specific handling of these items.)
This service is funded by your township and is free to Roscommon County residents only.
Collections are scheduled for the Saturday following Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends.